Prometheus

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 02:02:22 -0800, "Leif Thorvaldson"
wrote:

Well, Prometheus! If you'd come down from the mountain top and let us know
where you lived perhaps that could help us give more specific advice!*G*

Chippewa Falls, WI (near Eau Claire)

Hercules, aka: Leif

"Prometheus" wrote in message
.. .
Hello all,

Well, perhaps I haven't had *quite* enough of laminated kiln-dried
stock, but I would like to try out turning a burl or two. I did a
google search on finding some, and got about a billion hits. Anyone
have a good suggestion for finding some decent turning blanks online
from a reputable supplier? Preferably, I'd like to find Maple or
Western Red Cedar burl, but anything nice will do for now. I don't
need any giant hunks of the stuff- approx. 4"x4"x6-9" would be superb.
I'd like to say price is no object, but I'm closing on a new house in
a couple of weeks, so it really is an issue right now. I'd say I've
got $30 or $40 plus s&h that I could scrounge up for the right hunk of
wood. I'm not so sure that I've got the confidence to try turning wet
quite yet (I'd hate to have an expensive blank ruined due to lack of
experience) but I might try it out if I can find a good faq on the
subject.

Any good advice and/or links on the subject?

Thanks!

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam