George

wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for all the replys. My main concern over 1/16" was that the
platter now rocks. If it was just out of round, I wouldn't worry about
it. It's for holding perfume bottles on a counter top, so what I'll
probably do is turn and add 3 small feet in ebony or some such. I'll
try quartersawn next time, or rough turn green wood and finish later.

Do what the rest of us do, even if they won't admit it. Put some sandpaper
on a piece of MDO or other flat sheet goods and either drag it over the
bottom where you undercut, or drag the piece over the paper.

That said, it's dollar to donuts that after doing so, it will rock on at
least one of the next three places you set it.