Leif Thorvaldson

You could be right; however, I go with what Barry said about varying rates
of gaining/losing ambient moisture in thick or thinner parts of such a
turning, i.e., the plate. If you have time, you should do a review on all
the benefits of LDD, truly a panacea for a wood turner's woes. Good for
woodturning, too! *G*

Leif
"Derek Andrews" wrote in message
Leif Thorvaldson wrote:
Ho-Hum! Reckon I haven't made any noises about the efficacy of the LDD
treatment which stops such wood shenanigans in their/its tracks.

Would LDD make any difference to kiln dried lumber? I'm sure that most of
this movement is coming just from relieving stresses in the wood.

A quarter sawn board may have been a better choice. But I guess my
approach, if I cared about warping, would have been to rough it out, leave
it a few days, then finish turn. I might leave it a few more days before
reverse turning the foot to make sure that ended up flat, being the only
area that would matter to me.

--
Derek Andrews, woodturner

http://www.seafoamwoodturning.com
Wedding Favors ~ Artisan Crafted Gifts ~ One-of-a-Kind Woodturning