Jon Endres, PE

The show my club puts on in Saratoga, NY every March/April is in 25,000 sf
of space, and has probably 80 vendors. Even with a modest admission fee,
you cannot MOVE in there unless you show up really early or really late.
Too many people. Imagine if there were no admission prices, and you wound
up with another thousand or so rubberneckers, gawkers and marginally
interested wanderers who were only there to clog the aisles and steal
things.

No thanks. I'll pay my admission price. Look at it this way. Do you want
to spend ten bucks for a bad movie and a small popcorn and stick to the
seats in the local theater, or spend all day enjoying the smell of sawdust,
drooling over the latest and greatest machines and hand tools, and seeing
the gallery work? I look at it as a form of cheap entertainment.

Jon Endres

"Bob" wrote in message
What if you only want to attend the show one day, does one have to still
spend 10 bucks? I can't see spending 10 dollars for one day. What can you
possibly see in 3 days that you can't see in one day?
The venders/exhibitors should be the only ones that should pay. Why

should
us woodworkers pay - to spend our own money? We seem to be paying for
their advertising/space, not them. To begin with, the vendors already have
there advertising costs already built into the cost of their product

before
they ever get to the show/s.
My 2 cents worth.