Mike in Mystic

"Jonathon" wrote in message
ups.com...
Ah - your last paragraph speaks volumes - if in doubt resort to
violence. Not would that be indiscriminate carpet bombing or precision
laser targeted - oops they are the same thing.

I wasn't "resorting to violence", just saying that if we were to meet in
competition on a rugby pitch it wouldn't disappoint me. I'm not going to
fly across the pond just to hunt you down. I'm not pretending to me some
erudite intellectual (I can't wait to hear your retort to that little hook).

Trivial examples of turning equivalent to and in many cases exceeding
the quality displayed - WOW you must really be a good turner and a
superb judge, a museum curator perhaps or just an arrogant ass - rich
following on the judgement you made earlier. If you would care to post
your real name, when turners and those we should be looking out for,
both in the US and the UK, I can make sure you are given proper
consideration. Or perhaps you judge a piece by weight?

As for my turning judgement, I never puported to be even a passable turner
(in fact I specifically stated that I have no such skills or experience).
My whole point was that you have offered no such evidence either, and yet
you still hold judgment as if you are some classically trained prodigy in
the intracacies of turned wood evaluation. More pointedly, why should
anyone care what you think anyway?

We buy what we like - in a number of cases, this is in competition with
some US collectors - so clearly we are both lacking in taste. A point
for further discussion perhaps.

Do you honestly think that simply because you compete in bidding for
something that somehow you've proven it has some special value? I've been
to enough auctions to know that it is no measure of someones insight or
wisdom simply based on how much they can spend on something. It IS a
measure of how much YOU value it, but really that is all.

Frankly based on your diatribe I could care less what you think about
what we have - your comments bring into serious question your judgement
and the way in which you solve disagreements risible. Get a life.

I never said anything bad about your collection specifically - in fact the
few items I bothered to look at WERE quite nice. It is your personal
approach to other's opinions that seem to be questionable.

I'll leave you with a favorite quote of mine that seems more than
appropriate in this case:

"Endowed with a stupidity which by the least little stretch would go around
the globe four times and tie."
- Mark Twain

Have a good time with yourself, Jonny boy.