Barry N. Turner

Try to get some word-of-mouth reference on the particular show you plan to
attend. I had been to the show held at Smyrna, TN a couple of times and saw
an ad for a show in Louisville, KY a couple of years ago.

Thinking bigger city, bigger show, I took a day off work and went to
Louisville. Had it not been for the Tormek demo and a side trip to
Woodcraft and Choice Woods, my trip would have been a total waste of my
time. The Louisville Show was actually smaller than the one in Smyrna, TN.

At Smyrna, the Jet/Powermatic booth had a woodturning demo. Tennessee
Association of Woodturners had a demo set up. John Jordan had a Stubby demo
going.

There was practically nothing on woodturning at the Louisville Show. Oops,
there was a couple of Jet mini lathes in the Jet booth. And the guy
demo'ing the Tormek sharpened a bowl gouge. There was plenty of stuff on
other facets of woodworking in Louisville, just precious little on
woodturning.

Talk to some folks who have attended the particular show you plan to attend
and get their opinions. You might just want to take your $10 and go to
Woodcraft.

Barry

"Bob" wrote in message
What if you only want to attend the show one day, does one have to still
spend 10 bucks? I can't see spending 10 dollars for one day. What can you
possibly see in 3 days that you can't see in one day?
The venders/exhibitors should be the only ones that should pay. Why

should
us woodworkers pay - to spend our own money? We seem to be paying for
their advertising/space, not them. To begin with, the vendors already have
there advertising costs already built into the cost of their product

before
they ever get to the show/s.
My 2 cents worth.