Mike in Mystic

Jonathon, would you be so kind as to show us pictures of your turnings,
since you obviously are a self-proclaimed expert on what perfection in
turning (and, apparently website design) happens to be. I loved the part of
your FAQ where you indicate (paraphrasing now) the criteria you base your
purchase decisions on is 'we know it when we see it'. Boy, that is some
impressive display of your insight.

What I'm most amused by is your inference that US turners (no matter what
quality of their work) should somehow feel grateful for you including them
in your collection. Also, do you honestly feel that because you like turned
wood and have bought a lot of it that you somehow deserve some special
respect?

At the minimum - if you truly want your collection to be esteemed by more
than just your inflated view of yourself - you should include details about
a piece (I mean discussion points, not close-up pictures of construction
details) that give some insight as to what is special about it (in your
opinion, or better yet the artist's). Give the pieces some context. In
this day and age, it is trivial to find examples of turning equal to and in
many cases exceeding in quality the pieces you display, and without the
self-righteousness you exude. Just type "woodturning gallery" into Google
and you'll find countless examples of such sites.

I would love to meet you on a rugby pitch and give YOU a turn with my
forearm.

"Jonathon" wrote in message
oups.com...
Barry
Thanks for the heads up - am sure collectors will be delighted to
distribute funds elsewhere.
And as I have minimal US representation - your reputations, such as you
believe them to be - are safe.
Bye Barry