Derek Andrews

George wrote:
As I said, difference in turning style. If I get "chips" I alter my tool
presentation.

More likely a difference in what we turn. I'd guess I do 80%+ spindle
turning, and when roughing down its impossible to get a shaving long
enough to be worthy of the name, no matter what the tool presentation
is, unless I were to stop the lathe and take a hand plane to it But
whatever I am turning I am more interested in getting the job done as
efficiently as possible. Whether I get a nice bird's nest of fine
shavings from a finishing cut on a bowl, or a handfull of chips from
roughing out a cove with a parting tool, really doesn't matter.

--
Derek Andrews, woodturner

http://www.seafoamwoodturning.com
Wedding Favors ~ Artisan Crafted Gifts ~ One-of-a-Kind Woodturning