Jerry Martes

"Ignoramus28225" wrote in message
On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 23:51:50 GMT, Gunner wrote:
On 4 Jan 2005 20:47:37 GMT, Ignoramus28225
wrote:

Thanks. I looked on ebay. Is something like this:

worth anything?

Not much.

You want something more along this line....

http://search.ebay.com/lincoln-225_W0QQfromZR40QQsojsZ1

I bought one of these locally for $20 a few years ago. Ive outgrown
it, but it was a fair machine. The Lincoln 225 is a decent machine as
well.

I have both for sale, but shipping would eat your lunch.

Thanks, I will look for a cheap local one then.

It might be interesting and rewarding and even educational to build a
welder with the transformer you have. It probably boils down to deciding
what is more important to you, Building a welding device or Doing some
welding.
I own several Miller welders MIG, TIG and even one that does both. But, I
prefer to use the stick welder I made from scrap. I sure dont suggest the
junky-scrap welder I made is superior to the Millers, but, I sure like
useing the ugly thing.
The design considerations involved with making a decent stick welder are
kinda interesting.

Jerry