On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 02:25:25 -0800, "Harold & Susan Vordos"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
snip-------

Forgive me, but the subject under discussion was _transformers_. The
things in flourescent ballasts were capacitors.

--RC

Nope. Not the old type, anyway. The ballast IS a transformer, and the
old ones were filled with PCB. Those that don't have PCB's clearly state
so.

Harold

The EPA web site refers to the capacitors containing PCBs but it says
nothing about the transformers.

Which puts me at the limit of my knowledge, so I'd better take my own
advice and shut up.

--RC
"Sometimes history doesn't repeat itself. It just yells
'can't you remember anything I've told you?' and lets
fly with a club.
-- John W. Cambell Jr.