ATP

"John" wrote in message
I've been trying to work through a fairly challenging issue and
thought I'd open a question up to the group for discussion.

Assume there is a rather large and very heavy piece of equipment,
say... 6'h x 2'w x 3'd and 500lbs. The machine is made of steel, and
there are plenty of places around the base that would make fine weld
points (if necessary). Also assume the machine needs to rest on it's
base to operate (can't just affix wheels to bottom), but it also needs
to be able to be moved randomly around a shop by a single individual
without a forklift. For grins, it's a 100lb. 5' tall female.

500 lbs is not heavy. You could probably use a modified unisaw type base,
like the ones Delta sells. If a pallet lift is really required they are
occasionally available for about $25.