Larry Jaques

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 23:17:34 -0400, "jtaylor"
calmly ranted:

the jet pump housing has a BIG crack in it. New pump/motor combos are in
the neighbourhood of $400 up here in the GWN.

Bummer. Did you see the frozen Porsche last year? Someone's pipes
over their garage busted and turned the new Kah into a very, very
large icecube.

Should I just get a housing (if I can) or put a whole new pump on the end of
the still perfectly good motor?

We have a heater cable around the inlet pipe - the power went out.

Is there any kind of gadget that would protect us from this problem if the
power goes out again?

Some backup batteries/generator, insulated pump house, some 12v lights
or pipe heaters, and a radio pager to notify your alarm at the winter
house when the power goes out so someone can get there before the
freeze gets you again.

When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction. --Steven Wright