Ted Edwards

William Wixon wrote:

heck, since so many other guys have asked about freezing pipes and whatnot i
am assuming i won't get my head bit off here if i ask you guys about... i'd
like to install a well and water pressure tank (with submersible pump) for
seasonal use in a "campground".

Back in the mid '50s my inlaws bought property for a summer place. This
is in British Columbia, Canada where it can get fairly cold in winter.
In the '60s they built a summer cabin on it and put in a well with a
submersible pump. In the cabin was a pressure tank and the plumbing and
fixtures. Each fall we shut down the system, drained the tank,
appliances and pipes in the cabin. We then pressurised the tank to
about 30psi with air. By spring the system had leaked down and we were
advised to re pressurise it to 25psi before turning on.

My wife and I bought the place from them, built our retirement home and
moved here in '95. That pump was still doing fine and went onto full
time duty. In fact it worked until last year when it just plain wore
out.

Ted