Dave Hinz

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 21:52:26 GMT, wrote:
On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 08:40:11 -0800, "Roger Shoaf"
wrote:

I think the full spectrum florescent lamps are best to work with. These
duplicate the natural color of daylight so you get true color. Also if you
have ever noticed that you feel sad or lazy in the winter but better in the
summer these lamps are supposed to fool that part of your brain that makes
you want to hibernate.

For fine, close work (ie, jewelry making) I use an Ott light which
duplicates the spectrum of the sun. I find it makes a big difference.
The suckers are expensive, however.

They sure are. And I'm not convinced there's a difference between an
Ott Light, and a full-spectrum florescant. Anyone have a spectro
chart for these? Google just gets me a bunch of marketing sites for
the Ott light, but none that show how this spectrum compares to a
hardware-store bulb.