Rex B

OK, so where is a good online source for casters?

Carla Fong wrote:

Our garage workshop (24' x 24') has grown too small for the tools ... Does
that sound familiar?

_Everything_ is mobile...

All the smaller stuff is on casters or castered work tables - the table saw,
drill presses, grinders, wood cutting bandsaw and the panel saw...

The welding table has large locking casters and lives under some shelving
when it's not in use.

The tig machine is mounted on skids on the top of the Lincoln roundtop -
that's probably the only tool that is really 'surplus' since the tig also
does stick but we're reluctant to part with 'Old Red' just in case we ever
need the 300 amps it claims to put out someday... Plasma cutter is on a
wheeled dolly and lives under some shelving units when not in use.

The metal cutting bandsaw came with casters under 1 end and moves like a
wheelbarrow.

The air compressor is under one end of the workbench, the miller mig machine
(which came with casters) lives under the other end of the workbench. Had to
get the shorter (35 pound) CO2 cylinder so it would fit.

The workbench is actually two 8' wall mounted sections with the radial arm
saw in the middle - you can swing away the saw on its pivot and have almost
20 linear feet of bench space.

We purchase a pallet jack from HF on sale for $199. It lives under the
ironworker and when we use the machine we just roll it out into the center
of the open space.

The mill and lathe are kinda delicate in the leveling department, so they're
'back to back' in a corner and rarely moved - but the pallet jack is the
tool of choice when adjustments are made...

Some 'seldom used' woodworking tools like the wood planer, belt sander and
miscellaneous are stored in an outbuilding until the shop grows larger...
ya, sure!

Look in the Yellow Pages and find a good caster company - there are wheels
suitable for almost anything!

Carla