Harold & Susan Vordos

"jtaylor" wrote in message

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 15:47:39 GMT, "S R" no email @ no spam.com
wrote:

I like the battery holder/circuit board setup. Do you have any other

web
pages on your light project?

There's another page at
http://www.goldengate.net/~dforeman/bikelight_mount/

The light is a red Luxeon 1-watt LED: very bright. It compares
favorably with the 1157 brake/turn light on my truck. It will flash
about 3 times a second.

For visibility at night (in the dark, not in well lit places like city
streets) it's not so much BRIGHT that you want but BIG. Get that watt of
LED spread out over 12 square inches or so (25 cheap hi-brightness LED's)
and people will both see it and be able to judge the distance to it from
much farther away.

How about a rotating equilateral triangle with 8" sides - make it with
blades so air passing through makes it spin...everybody will notice that.

The picture of the light that I've seen clearly shows a lens well made to
diffuse the light in a wide arc. I can't help but think it will do exactly
what you propose, or very nearly so, when viewed from afar. Don has given
this project considerable thought and expended an equal amount of effort,
right down to making a mold to make the lens. Can't wait to see it
completed. I think he hit a winner.

Harold