Mike Henry

"Gunner" wrote in message
On 2 Jan 2005 11:55:31 -0800, wrote:

Gunner...Is the outside edge of your table on your mill higher than the
inside part of the table where the T-slots are? I assume that the table
should be completely flat from edge to edge and end to end. I guess it
is likely that the the inside of the table has "sunk" over the years
because of things being clamped to it. It looks to be from .002-.005
low in places. My plan was to completely check the table end to end and
then draw file it back into shape. Any suggestions? Thanks, Steve

Nope..mine is dead flat all the way across. It has fairly low hours.

Sounds like yours has some wear as you say. Draw filing or having it
ground flat again may be in order. Its relatively easy to remove and
it could be easily blanchard ground, and probably for not to much
money, depending on your area.

Mine is going to need a new y axis nut before long, or an adjustment
if it has a splt nut, Ive never looked (making a note)

I just removed the table and saddle on an 8550 (same as 8540 but without the
power feed) and both nuts are one piece.