Gunner

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 22:29:00 -0600, John wrote:

2) This one breaks the $100 rule... but I'm just tossing out ideas.
Have you ever seen the hand operated pallet movers they use at WalMart
or other retail stores to move pallets around? Well, you'd have to
get one of those, and then you could simply weld on a couple of
channels underneath the base of the equipment and use that pallet
mover to roll it around.

Thats actually pretty common. In fact, some machines are designed to
do exactly that. The OmniTurn GT Jr. is a CNC lathe that is designed
to be moved by pallet jack to various other machines for second ops
and so forth.

A basic 4x4 is tall enough to allow a pallet jack underneith and in my
own shop, I have most of the smaller machines bolted to 4x4s so I can
simply slip a pallet jack under it, pull the power cord and move it
heither and yon.
If the additional 3.5" height is too tall for the operator, simply
make a step out of acouple pieces of scrap 2x4 and a piece of plywood
to stand on.

Gunner

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling
which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight,
nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being
free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
- John Stewart Mill