John

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 05:19:49 GMT, "Leo Lichtman"
wrote:

"John" wrote: (clip) How would you modify the machine for this requirement?
Oh yeah, you have to do it with a budget of $100 or less (hopefully a lot
less...)(clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Get four hydraulic bottle jacks. Attach a wheel to the bottom of each.
Connect the lifting rams to the machine at each corner. As you operate the
jacks, the wheels go down so they support the weight, and it can roll. The
jacks can rotate on their respective rams, so they have to be "aimed."

Yes, this is an interesting idea. The only problem I see is that you
would have to operate 4 jacks each time you want to move it. The
question in my mind is, how could you accomplish the same thing using
only one jack? :-)

Thanks,

John