Peter T. Keillor III

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 19:23:05 -0500, Gerald Miller
wrote:

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 13:41:33 -0500, Peter T. Keillor III
wrote:

I think I've written here before about getting a rude education in the
importance of proper rigging when the techs on another project dropped
a 5-1/2 ton cell hatch cover about 3 ft. away from me. Got my
attention.

Try dropping a 250 pound welded steel, rectangular cover into a
congested high voltage manhole. The delicate touch takes on a whole
new meaning.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Yikes! That'll give you religion.

Must've been like the time the rural distribution power line finally
arced out after the pole burned for a while after a lightning strike.
I was a teenager, and was in our barn when I heard something that
sounded like the world's biggest arc welder. When I ran outside, the
thing was throwing huge pink and green discharges (copper plasma?) all
over the place. I took off the other way, scooted through the barbed
wire fence and kept running until the line burned in two and fell on
the ground.

I had heard horror stories from my great uncle about high tension
lines arcing out and flying around, cutting down everything in their
path. Supposedly happened down the road at Hoskins Mound, a sulfur
mine active in the first half of the century. I wasn't sticking
around to see if they were true.

Pete Keillor