Joshua Putnam

In article .com,
says...
Thanks for the quick reply...Well two reasons first I may need money
fairly quickly for another RE transaction, secondly I want to make my
property more attractive for a protential rental. Mortgage is around
2560..need mortgage around 1800 to support rental rates in the area.

Interest only seems to be gaining popularity for rental homes. Assuming
you meet your cash flow, you're simply never paying down the loan to
build equity. You'd still get any equity from appreciation, or of
course you could go way underwater if a price bubble in your market
bursts. Despite current claims, real estate can go down in price rather
dramatically, especially if prices have been driven up by speculative
excess, near-zero interest rates, and rapidly growing debt levels.
(Referring to Japan in the 1990s, though it does sound a bit like here
and now.)

--
is Joshua Putnam
http://www.phred.org/~josh/