Larry Jaques

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 11:55:47 -0800, "Harold & Susan Vordos"
calmly ranted:

My shop is fully painted, *everything* except for the 6" thick concrete
floor, which we had dyed a light gray when it was poured. They simply add

I have found that the white floor is considerably easier to scan
for all those Jesus clips/nuts/bolts/pins/balls/snaprings (which,
thank Murphy, happen to fall on a daily basis) than a gray floor.

lamp black to the mix in small quantities. Cheap, and looks great. To
paint my seasoned walls, I used a layer of an appropriate primer, then
two coats of Behr acrylic latex purchased from Home Depot. It's sort of an
eggshell luster, easy to clean and doesn't show all the defects in the
walls, of which there's more than enough. My walls are sand plastered with
a rough texture. The multiple coats smoothed the sand considerably. I
suggest you fill any divots with a filler material before painting, so it is
easy to clean when necessary. It need not be pretty, just make sure you
don't have multiple air holes in the concrete that hold dirt and make
scrubbing impossible. I used a putty knife and didn't worry about sanding,
just struck off the surface flush. Worked great. I did go back a time or
two to make sure deep holes were flush after drying. In keeping with
industry wisdom, I chose a very pretty light lime green color, which

That's about the color I used on the exterior of my house: Catmint
Green. Some day I'll finish Bondoing the divots in the floor, but
most of my casters are 5" so they roll over the 1/4-3/8" dips with
ease. I thought I'd filled them before I started painting and found
out the hard way that I hadn't. A gallon of Bondo was on sale for
half price, so the $5 was a no-brainer. I need to fix that tailgate
of mine some year soon, too.

reflects light well and is a pleasure to be around. That color is very
restful and doesn't lead to eye fatigue, at least for me. It probably
goes without saying that it's a good idea to choose a color that is soothing
to you. Red might be a bit much! g Pure white is great, but shows
every damned bit if dust and grime that comes near.

Any color does, but the smooth paint makes it easier to clean and
resists a lot of the dust gathering.

"Boy, I feel safer now that Martha Stewart is behind bars!
O.J. is walking around free, Osama Bin Laden too, but they
take the one woman in America willing to cook and clean
and work in the yard and haul her ass to jail."
--Tim Allen