Eric Tonks

As a poster above this message said: "Read the pump". Most pumps these days
are temperature compensated. That cooler, denser gasoline that you try to
get on a cool morning is adjusted at the pump to give you less. If it is hot
the pump will compensate and give you a little more. Basically you are
getting the same amount no matter what the temperature, as the temperature
compensation adjusts the measurements to supposable supply the same amount
of energy. You can't win in this game.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. ..

wrote in message
Joseph Meehan wrote:

Morning is the best time... the gas is a little cooler and you get
a little more for your money.

You might be surprised to discover how little :-)

How much would you save if a 10K gallon tank lives in 55 F soil and the
air temp above it drops from 34 F in the afternoon to 26 F in the

morning?

Nick

Now you tell me. I've been getting up at 5 AM for the past 40 years just

top of my gas tank.