John Rumm

Default Screwfix

PoP wrote:

I got a refund about a week later. I've never had an apology or any
other goodwill gesture at any time.

At the same time I registered domain name screwfixsucks.co.uk,
intending to publish the factual information about this and other
matters which their company screw up - apparently frequently -
according to what I read on this newsgroup and elsewhere.

Since that took place my attitude has calmed down and I've forgotten
about the matter to the extent that I was about to place another order
with Screwfix. That was, until this mornings post brought the
following threatening letter from Screwfix:

http://www.anyoldtripe.co.uk/Image1.jpg

I find it to be a tremendous pity that a company like Screwfix, who I
understand belong to B&Q, intend to go for a litigation approach where
a very simple apology for their own foul-up would have easily rescued
bad feeling and got me back on-side.

Not defending screwfix since they obviously made a mistake, but, you do
seem to be assuming that the letter about the domain name is in some way
connected to the rest of the saga.

Chances are, screwfix employ a company to keep watch over their online
trade names and web presence. I would of thought the chances of them
even being aware of particular order / delivery problems and disputes is
slim.

(must admit I am surprised they did not already have the sux variant
registered though ;-)

So ask yourself how you feel about the situation had the domain name
letter not been received?

--
Cheers,

John.