jim rozen

In article , axolotl says...

A look at a hysteresis curve as it passes through zero will
illustrate this. Google "passive intermodulation" and you can read why
you don't use stainless connectors when it matters.

Or read the Trompeter connector catalog.

Most folks who gold-plate connectors use a nickel strike under
the gold. Ni, being ferromagnetic, causes problems with IMD on
extremely low-level signal lines. Trompeter took great pains
to develop a pulse plating process to put down gold on their
contacts *without* the Ni strike, to avoid this problem.

I found this out when I was trying to locate connectors with
very low remanent magnetization.

I also don't thing that plain copper tubing would work well
for an antenna, the skin effect will cause most of the rf
currents to flow along the tanished exterior. Solution might
be to paint the outside.

Jim

please reply to: