PoP

Default Screwfix

On 6 Mar 2004 18:29:01 GMT, (Huge) wrote:

I don't think they are bothered about the domain name itself, I think
they are more concerned about the content that might appear on a such
named site.

So long as it isn't libellous, I refer you to my previous comment.

I purchased the domain name to publicise the facts of the situation
which confronted me a short time ago. All factual information, nothing
libellous there at all. I picked the domain name because I had seen a
similar thing for paypalsucks.com and thought that there should be a
similar thing for Screwfix.

Basically I placed an order. That order had an uplift charge of £9 to
guarantee next day delivery by 10am. Screwfix managed to forget to
ship the order. And then had the audacity to charge me the £9 when it
arrived 24 hours after it should have done! (I eventually got the £9
back, but only after I raised a complaint).

When the order DID arrive (48 hours after being submitted) the
contents of the delivered materials were different to what I had
ordered - some of the things I had ordered were missing, and Screwfix
managed to include about £340 worth of items which I hadn't ordered.
With the experience I have just had with this letter, in future I will
keep hold of any mis-shipped items and sell them on ebay to make a
profit. Their loss, not mine - their shipping sheet clearly showed
what was supposed to have been in the box, not what was actually in
the box, so they have no record of what got shipped!

Basically if you receive something in your Screwfix order which you
didn't order they have no way of knowing unless you tell them. So keep
it and sell it on is my advice. Meanwhile don't hesitate to inform
them if there's something missing from your order.

Obviously with their bungling of this situation I shall continue to
broadcast their ridiculous customer satisfaction attitude far and wide
for a long time to come - with the sole intention of damaging their
potential order value. I'll do that by reporting facts, not hearsay.
If I can persuade other people to buy elsewhere then that will be a
wholly good thing as far as I am concerned, and indeed because I buy
DIY goods for my customers I can certainly enforce reduced order
values time after time - previously I had used Screwfix as a preferred
supplier because it was convenient for me, but from here on in they
will be at the tail end of Axminster, D&M Tools, Homebase, Wickes,
Focus, etc. Silly buggers!

The simple option to have fixed this situation would have been for
them to simply say "okay, we got it wrong". That would have finished
the matter for me and we'd continue to be camping happily. Of course,
they could have sent me a token for say £10 as well to help mend my
bad feeling. Instead they will lose many times that amount because of
their attitude - whilst I might decide to use Screwfix again in the
future I shall take delight to order from their competitors wherever
it makes sense to do so.

One other thing I just noticed too - the letter I received from them
today (which I have in front of me and have published on the web site)
has a date of 24th February. Today is 6th March. They are just so hot
at dealing with customers!

PoP

---
If you need to contact me please submit your comments
via the web form at
http://www.anyoldtripe.co.uk. I'll
probably still ignore you but at least I'll get the
message.....