Charlie Bress

"Alexander Galkin" wrote in message
I wired my finished basement myself. In general everything was fine, I had
it inspected before insulating walls and ceiling and putting drywall. I
have been using power in basement for over the year and nothing was wrong.
However, on final inspection the electrical inspector and I found a very
weird problem that I need now to correct. I have the following wiring
diagram in basement:

The false indication of voltage caused by a high impedance voltmeter is
pretty well known.
If that is really the problem, it worries me that the inspector didn't pick
up on it.

Charlie