Henry Kolesnik

Thanks for the tips on the capacitors. The upper clear button is for
clearing the Time functions. The lower is for clearing entry errors, memory
and Step. Would you happen to have a good clear copy of the schematic? I
wish someone today would make a receiver with this coverage and ergonomics.
tnx

73
Hank WD5JFR
"mc" wrote in message
Speaking of the DX-1000, I used to have one, and I seem to recall that a
capacitor in the audio output stage was a factor of 10 smaller than it
should have been, causing poor audio and a terrible treble boost/bass cut.
That in turn worsened the SNR and the audio intelligibility. I seem to
recall it was 10 uF and should have been 100 uF. Changing it made the
DX-1000 into a normal-sounding radio.

As I recall, also, the keypad had (among dozens of keys) two different,
unrelated ones with the same label (I can't remember exactly what). They
win some kind of dubious user interface award for that...

But it was my first digital receiver, and on the very first evening with
it, I was able to log, and get QSL cards from, more than 100 broadcasters.
Not bad at all!

VY 73
N4TMI

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message
m...
I need at least one 3SK73 dual gate n channel to repair an old Bearcat
DX-1000 HF receiver and can't find any. Anyone know of a source or sub?
tnx

--

73
Hank WD5JFR