Dave Jackson

Funny, the saws you mentioned I have owned. The delta 10" was bought for
punch out and the 12" Ridgid for trimming homes. I thought i'd like the
Ridgid, but it has proved to be a POS, especially the clunky blade guard. I
had a garage sale this summer and put a price tag on the thing of $25 with
a NEW BLADE i paid $50 for and no takers. (3 yr old saw). Also have a
Makita 12" slider, It's another POS that couldn't cut square to save my life
and the damn fences will not adjust enough to fix the problem. The 10 Delta
just gave up the ghost one day. The DW 12 CMS is a workhore and probably
the best all around 12" CMS on the market today. The Bosch 4410 (10"
slider) will be replacing all my junker saws soon. I might even set the old
ones out by the curb with a "free" sign just to get 'em outta here! --dave

"CAtruckman" wrote in message
My Delta 10" compound miter box died this afternoon. It hadn't even
dulled
it's first blade. I think the armature is broken in half. It had been
making
strange noises since SWMBO helped me straighten a big pile of cedar
shingles.
Cross cutting shingles is heavy work, right. Since my good miter box
(Milwaukee
sliding head) was a few blocks away and in the attic of the new house I
went
across the street to borrow the neighbors. His was a brand new DeWalt
compound
but not sliding and quite nice. When I returned it I mentioned that it was
nearly new. He agreed and said he finally got rid of his POS Ridgid that
had
caused so much trouble for several years. I had forgotten about the angle
adjustment problem and agreed he made a wise decision. These are two
makes of
tools I really can't warm up to. Bought an older Powermatic 12" planer and
6"
jointer a month or so back and I am in love with them. You can't beat good
heavy old American cast iron when it comes to getting big piles of chips
fast.
Leigh