Floyd \Who\

In article ,
mac davis wrote:

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 08:08:29 -0500, "George" george@least wrote:

I found that mounting the lamps to the stand shortened their bulb life, so
my swing arm floods are now mounted off the stand and burning longer.

I like to blame the stroboscopic effect for the barked knuckles I get
sometimes when cutting interrupted-edge bowls.

ok.. admission to tackiness time:
I was turning a pencil holder for my wife last night and felt like I
was drilling a mine shaft in the dark, once I got down a few inches.
(shoulda drilled it first, I guess)

I got my handy-dandy HF fluorescent trouble light out and hung it on
an adjustable height roller stand behind me...

It worked great, was very adjustable and CHEAP.. lol
(note to self: if ever doing serious turning on a shopsmith, put the
sucker up on blocks!)

Mac I noticed your Shopsmith note concerning blocks and was interested
as to what you exactly meant. Do you elevated the unit because the
height is not what you prefer or are you adding weight to keep it from
vibrating?
As due to economic consideration I also turn with a shopsmith. Two eight
pound bags of Quickcrete placed across the horizontal bars seem to
settle it down to and except-able degree.

--
To reply drop "spam" from the email address

"woodturning" The ability to turn useful material to sawdust

Floyd "Who"