DanG

Sounds as if you are bleeding back some current on a neutral some
where. Check polarity issues in the problem circuits.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Alexander Galkin" wrote in message
I wired my finished basement myself. In general everything was
fine, I had it inspected before insulating walls and ceiling and
putting drywall. I have been using power in basement for over the
year and nothing was wrong. However, on final inspection the
electrical inspector and I found a very weird problem that I need
now to correct. I have the following wiring diagram in basement:

- dedicated 20 A circuit to basement lighting, total 26 recessed
lights 65 W and 50 W
- dedicated 20 A circuit for basement rooms receptacles
- dedicated 20 A circuit for sump pump
- dedicated 20 A circuit for washer / gas dryer
- dedicated 20 A circuit sewer ejector pump
- dedicated 20 A circuit for basement bath
- dedicated 20 A circuit for garage receptacles
- 50 A basement workshop sub-panel powering 5 dedicated 115 V /
20 A, 2 220 V / 20 A shop receptacles circuits, and 1 15 A shop
lights circuit

When I switched off basement room receptacles circuit breaker
while all others except sub-panel which does not seem to affect
the problem were on we found there is 8 V power in that circuit.
Switching off some of other circuits reducing this voltage to
about 2 V and only switching off all new circuits brings
disconnected voltage to zero as it should be.

Can anyone give me a clue what cane be a source of this weird
residual voltage in disconnected circuit?