Ross Mac

"JLamm" wrote in message
Folks,
For the first time, I'm considering buying a water-softening system. I
know nothing about them. Any advice, guidance, cautions?
Thanks,

John

I just purchased one from RainSoft for $875 installed and it works great. In
my last house I had one from Rayne. The Rayne was more expensive but did
have a nice feature that only cleaned the filter dependant on usage as
opposed to every few days or so....That uses less salt. Make sure all of
your outside water is separated from the inside water and the test it when
they leave. On my last install I found that I was using all kinds of salt
because they did not separate one of the faucets outside. Yes, half an acre
watered with soft water!!...Also you will have a choice of using sodium
chloride or potassium chloride. If you don't like the idea of having salt in
your water the potassium is actually good for you. Like eating a banana or
two a day.....
Good luck with whatever system you buy....Ross