none

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 06:25:30 GMT, "GEO" wrote:

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 02:25:47 GMT, "James Sweet"
wrote:

"Fred" wrote in message
I hear you about that. Typical plantation-minded company best I can tell.
One good thing about them.... they bought one of our major competitors a
couple of years ago. Now our company spends over half the time fixing
their products in the field and the other time replacing them!!

GE used to make really top notch stuff, sometime back in the 70's though
they started getting cheaper and at some point they passed a point of no
return. Today for the most part, GE is junk, the once renowned name is
forever tarnished.

From chapter 5 of 'Perfectly Legal' by David Cay Johnston:

'Jack Welch left GE in September 2001 after 41 years. His final
salary and bonus totaled $16.7 million. He also left with stock
options worth a quarter of a billion dollars and a pension that
shareholders were told was worth more than $9 million a year.'

This did not include the perks that were paid by GE, including a
Boing 737 for his personal use (page 61).

I guess that GE was doing fine for some.

Geo

Yet when I worked for them as an electrician's assistant they often
tried to cheat me out of my pay.(late paychecks, short paychecks
etc...)