NSM

"GEO" wrote in message

| From chapter 5 of 'Perfectly Legal' by David Cay Johnston:
|
| 'Jack Welch left GE in September 2001 after 41 years. His final
| salary and bonus totaled $16.7 million. He also left with stock
| options worth a quarter of a billion dollars and a pension that
| shareholders were told was worth more than $9 million a year.'
|
| This did not include the perks that were paid by GE, including a
| Boing 737 for his personal use (page 61).
|
| I guess that GE was doing fine for some.
|
| Geo

See "America: What Went Wrong?" by James B Steele, Donald L. Barlett

Reader's quote === "America: What Went Wrong" is just as important and
relevant today as it was when initially released. America's overall economic
situation is much worse today than it was when this book was initially
published. This book accurately forecasts the problems America has as it
loses its manufacturing base and became a service-oriented society (Wal-Mart
supposedly has 700 Chinese factories of its own). Now the multi-national's
factories are fleeing Mexico in 2002 for the slave-like workers of China.
Unsettling for sure, I challenge you to read this book and don't be
surprised if you re-read parts of it as the late 1990s Clinton/Greenspan
artificial economic bubble unwinds into a 1930s style worldwide economic
depression.

GW