Jim K

For thin stuff, go ahead and splurge on a plexiglass knife. It's
basically a sharp hook-shaped knife. You can score the thin stuff and
snap it easy. I've cut a bunch and had no problems.

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 09:37:32 -0600, "wolfb"
wrote:

Anyone familiar with plexigalss cutting? Typically the sheets come in .08
or .10 for most applications like picture frames, replacement panes etc.
I'm not sure what they are measured in as .08 is just about 1/6" or a little
less than 3mm. I have had some success with a utility knife...scoring along
a straight edge and then snapping the plexiglass, but that is not very
clean. I have previously tried using my table saw, but I must have used a
blade that was to course as the plexi chipped no matter how slow I fed it.
I know of the old trick of turning the blade backwards and basically burning
the piece. How do you all do it? Any good pointers?
Cheers!
Wolf-==-