Bill Grumbine

Hi Jonathan

I checked out your site. I am sure you put a lot of work into it, probably
a lot more work than I have put into my sites. I am a turner, not a
computer person. I built my own sites with the attitude that people are
there to see my turning, not how much I know about HTML coding. It has been
my experience that people like simple, not complex - well, most people
anyway. One of the most common feedback comments I get regarding my sites
is that they are relatively easy to navigate.

I do not know whether or not you will consider this constructive or not, but
here goes anyway. Make it simple and keep it simple. Not only will that
enable people to enjoy it, it will save you time and frustration trying to
make it go. I too found it very frustrating to figure out how to work the
scroll bars. I also did not care for the feature that caused a picture to
close when I clicked anywhere on my screen, even off the window in which the
picture was being displayed. I am not sure what the goal is there, but
again it was very frustrating to me. After trying to get through a couple
of the people listed on your site, I just gave up and went about my
business. I do not have time to try to decipher a website. That is too bad
really, since I would like to see some of the work you own and are
displaying. Maybe I'm just a big dummy, but who cares? I don't. I am sure
you don't.

You should not ask questions to which you do not want to hear the answers.
You seem to take delight in jumping all over people who did nothing more
than answer your post. I think you need to lighten up some. You posted
here inviting turners to come and see your efforts, and to offer comments as
well. It looks to me like you came here with a chip on your shoulder,
looking for a fight. If it weren't for the extensive work you have
obviously done on your site, I would put you down as a troll and ignore you
completely. You have invited the things others are writing with your
initial ripostes, and I cannot imagine that you are surprised it is
snowballing.

Now, I realize that in the light of these comments, I may be excoriated by
your rapier like wit. You might tell me not to come back to your site. You
might even (gasp!) plonk me! I will not be lying awake tonight worrying
about these horrendous possibilities. And, if you think I am going to worry
about your not buying my work in the future, guess again. I'm not some
starving artist kissing up to pretentious collectors in an attempt to make a
living. I make simple stuff for regular people to buy, and if they buy it,
great. If they don't, there is always someone else.

Oh yeah, I know Albert LeCoff personally too, although I will confess I have
not seen him in years. I even worked for him for a while at his invitation.
I know David Ellsworth personally - I live just down the road from him. So
what? That doesn't make me a better person. It just means we know each
other. In fact, I know a bunch of turners who are famous, some not so
famous, and some completely unkown. The vast majority of them are nice
friendly people. I don't know what your problem is. It seems like you have
a lot to offer, but it just might not be as important to the rest of us as
you seem to think.

--
Bill

Bill Grumbine

commercial site www.wonderfulwood.com
personal site www.enter.net/~ultradad
"Jonathon" wrote in message
ups.com...
Just a post to advise anyone interested that we have updated our
website to include all those pieces purchased during 2004 which we had
not managed to catalogue during the year!