Bill Stock

"wolfb" wrote in message
Anyone familiar with plexigalss cutting? Typically the sheets come in .08
or .10 for most applications like picture frames, replacement panes etc.
I'm not sure what they are measured in as .08 is just about 1/6" or a
little less than 3mm. I have had some success with a utility
knife...scoring along a straight edge and then snapping the plexiglass,
but that is not very clean. I have previously tried using my table saw,
but I must have used a blade that was to course as the plexi chipped no
matter how slow I fed it. I know of the old trick of turning the blade
backwards and basically burning the piece. How do you all do it? Any
good pointers?
Cheers!
Wolf-==-

I had good luck cutting it with a plain plywood blade (200 teeth). I fed it
at a good speed with the blade about 1/8" above the plastic. Unfortunately I
was ripping a "cutoff", which had no straight edge. So now I have to use the
router and a flush trim bit to clean up the edge. I've been waiting for some
warm weather, so I can do this in the garage. Cutting this stuff inside
(basement) really smells up the house.