Bullwinkle J. Moose

Oh contraire! It was great growing up in the 60's and 70's. Parents had a
helluva lot more control, we prayed in school, we recited the Pledge Of
Allegiance, kids had no cell phones, no murders in the schools, hell we used
pocket knives to sharpen pencils. 70's in high school, during the hunting
months, we came to school with our rifles/shotguns hanging in the gun racks
in the back windows of our trucks. Yes, it was good back then. Now it sucks.
Having a full time police officer on staff, going through metal detectors,
not being able to say the Pledge Of Allegiance. Where exactly do you
live???? Come on, what we did back then got our asses tanned by the
principal, the by our father when we got home. Now, it's a criminal offense
to scold the brats at Wal-Mart???? Crawl out from under the rock Tim.

"Tim Douglass" wrote in message
On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 05:23:48 GMT, "Mark Jerde"
wrote:

Umm, I picked up my D&D 21 year old early this evening (about 10:30 pm)

for
starting fights at a party. He quit listening to his daddy several years
ago... sigh

The alarms go off at 4:00 am, 3 hours & 40 minutes from now, to take him

the airport to go back to the yea! Army...

On his behalf, he's only 1/3rd as messed up as I was at his age.

I spend a lot of time praying my kids don't *ever* end up as screwed
up as I was growing up. Even 1/3 would suck (as you seem to agree). It
was not good growing up during the 60's and 70's.

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com