99windstar

I thought maybe there would be a poison strong enough to kill rats but not
quite strong enough to harm a dog. What do people do who have cattle and
dogs and have to have their feed outside? They'd have to control the
mouse/rat population somehow or they will continually have rodents in the
feed. OR farmers who harvest wheat or some grain? They'd have to keep
rodents out of their silos, they must have pets too. I didn't think it was
that stupid of a question.
As far as cleaning up the garbage that is a pretty sterotypical assumption,
that if you have rats you must have garbage everywhere NOT! We have fruit
trees.
We are pretty deligent in picking up any fallen fruit but sometimes it just
isn't enough. We also have a lot of road consturction and land developement
on the hill right behind our house. It is displacing all the critters, mice,
rats and shrews. Trash is not the problem but we need an aggressive way to
deal with all these critters.
Thanks for your advice but please share it with some one else.

"Al Bundy" wrote in message
oups.com...

99windstar wrote:
a pet safe rat poison? Is there such a thing?
Thanks!

That's a pretty dopey question really. A rat is much tougher than your
the average house pet. If a poison will kill a rat, how could it be
safe for your pet? If you want safety you will have to think in terms
of trapping the rat or killing it mechanically. You could try one of
those ultrasonic contraptions that is supposed to make life in the area
uncomfortable for the rat population. Of course, cleaning up your
garbage would to that as well. If all else fails you might look for a
character dressed in a nome's suit and playing a flute, but be certain
to pay him his due or your children may suffer his wrath.