Pasquale

I'll see where I can find a noise gate, any suggestions?

Also, is it true that a capacitor would reduce noise? If so, how would
it be done?

Roger Johansson wrote:
Pasquale wrote:

My set up is a microphone connected to the adaptor I made with the
3.5mm female jack and dual female RCA's into a small stereo pre-amp via
an RCA cable, out to a DV camcorder using the RCA to 3.5mm cable
supplied with the camcorder.

How can I reduce or get rid of the little bit of signal noise?

It depends on exactly how much noise you have there.

It is impossible to get rid of all noise, you can only get it a lot lower
than the audio signal.

How much lower depends on the quality of the microphone and the preamp.
It could be the mic preamp which is to noisy. Is it a real mic preamp?

You should test the setup by singing into the mic, adjust levels for
optimum quality and check how much noise there is compared to the audio
signal. Can you hear the noise through the audio signal, is it at a disturbing level?

When you do not sing into the mic and turn amplification up to max you
will always hear noise, but that is not a normal way of using a
microphone.

There is a device called noise gate which blocks the noise from the
microphone when you are not using it.