Ulfius

Just did this last week on my Jet contractor's saw with the stock
blade. The blade is still sharp though. The technique that worked
best for me was to have the blade height just above the top of the
plexiglass and I also sandwiched the plexiglass between two pieces of
scrap wood. In my case, the bottom board was my panel jig and a piece
of mdf above the plexiglass. The edges turned out a little sharp, so I
took a file at a 45 degree angle to it to soften them.

Shawn

wolfb wrote:
Anyone familiar with plexigalss cutting? Typically the sheets come

in .08
or .10 for most applications like picture frames, replacement panes

etc.
I'm not sure what they are measured in as .08 is just about 1/6" or a

little
less than 3mm. I have had some success with a utility

knife...scoring along
a straight edge and then snapping the plexiglass, but that is not

very
clean. I have previously tried using my table saw, but I must have

used a
blade that was to course as the plexi chipped no matter how slow I

fed it.
I know of the old trick of turning the blade backwards and basically

burning
the piece. How do you all do it? Any good pointers?
Cheers!
Wolf-==-