Rick

"Silvan" wrote in message
Larry Jaques wrote:

When NASA first started sending up astronauts, they quickly discovered
that ball-point pens would not work in zero gravity. To combat this

over300 C. The Russians used a pencil. Your taxes are due again--enjoy

http://www.snopes.com/business/genius/spacepen.asp

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/

Waiting to catch my carpool ride (a LONG time ago) outside the beltway, I
found a space pen lying on the ground. It apparently had NOT fallen more
than say 4-5 feet (lack of a crater). Only damage was a bent pocket clip
that I more-or-less straightened out. The pen is heavy aluminum (I think)
and is well machined. I use it occasionally, and it is one of the few pens
I've ever had to NOT dry out after years in the desk drawer (here's the wood
reference!). I haven't looked lately, but I think refills are still
available.

And they said carpooling didn't pay!

Rick