DanG

A sharp blade in a table saw has always given me good results.
You can sure tell when the blade is not sharp!!!!!

It also helps to use a zero clearance insert or put your plastic
on a sacrificial scrap of plywood.

If you want a really nice edge, run it past a router bit. It will
not work well for cutting the material - it tends to get the
plastic hot and stringy, but it great for taking a light finish
pass.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"wolfb" wrote in message
Anyone familiar with plexigalss cutting? Typically the sheets
come in .08 or .10 for most applications like picture frames,
replacement panes etc. I'm not sure what they are measured in as
.08 is just about 1/6" or a little less than 3mm. I have had
some success with a utility knife...scoring along a straight
edge and then snapping the plexiglass, but that is not very
clean. I have previously tried using my table saw, but I must
have used a blade that was to course as the plexi chipped no
matter how slow I fed it. I know of the old trick of turning the
blade backwards and basically burning the piece. How do you all
do it? Any good pointers?
Cheers!
Wolf-==-