Joseph Meehan

Dan_Musicant wrote:
OK, this is off topic for alt.home.repair but I can't resist putting
it in my crosspost, there's so many canny folks who check out that
NG, and I know almost all of them drive.

I was chatting with my auto mechanic the other day and I asked him if
he thought all gas was pretty much the same these days - an idea I'd
been encountering. He didn't agree at all.

Gasoline can vary in many ways. Octane is just one. Additives, age of
the gas, cleanliness formula (winter vs. summer) etc. all make differences.
Brands are not very different in NA as regulations and market forces tend to
keep them the same.

My recommendation is simple. Only buy from stations that do a lot of
business and buy the octane specified for your engine by the manufacturer or
if the engine is old and starting to show signs that it needs higher go a
little higher. (higher octane does not mean more power, better gas or
better additives)

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math