JGS

Normally the arrows designate the direction of movement. Often found on
looped or joined belts like those found on a belt sander. The replacement
paper on mine does not have any arrows. As Mike says, check the ends after a
bit of operation and tighten if necessary. Otherwise the bump will grab the
work piece and a very big mess and broken belt results. Cheers, JG

"Bullwinkle J. Moose" wrote:

I've got a pretty stupid, if not obvious question about replacing the
sanding strips on the 18" Delta drum sander. I got one as a bday present a
couple months ago, and just last night decided to replace the factory
installed 80 grit paper with some 120. Now in my hast last night when I
pulled the 80 off, I didn't notice the way the arrows were pointing. I did
go a googling and found much discussion about the sanders in general, but
didn't find anything about that. Do the arrows go the direction the drum
turns, or the direction the wood is fed? I know I should know this you
know??? TIA