Chuck

"TURTLE" wrote in message

"Bubba" wrote in message
On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 14:03:30 GMT, "Chuck"
wrote:

I have identified wires G, O, Y, W and B on both my old thermostat and
the
LUX TX9000, which I'm attempting to install.

However, on my old thermostat, there are two additional wires, a R (red)
and
a T (tan). On the TX9000, I have a RH and a RC. What I need to know is
how
the R & T hook up to the RH and RC.

Thanks for your help.

ditch the T
Jumper the RC RH with your R.
HOWEVER
beware that all O's & B's are NOT created equal. You will know when
you "let the factory smoke out".
Bubba

This is Turtle.

Hey I think I smell smoke here by RCRH to R being good but the smoke smell
begins here when the letter B & O are in the picture and not knowing the
type system it is BO ing. Well I see a T and a tan wire tells me he may
have a American Standard or Trane. Hey I really smell smoke now. OH, I
forgot about the screw in fuse at transformer.

TURTLE

You are correct, it is a Trane system with a weathertron heat pump. Can you
provide any guidance in plain English (unlike Bubba)? If I was a wiring
expert, I wouldn't be posting here Thanks much!