Roger Shoaf

"George E. Cawthon" wrote in message

snip
If you feel
the need to test the t/p valve (operate as part of safety
tests for some other purpose) you would be better off
removing the valve and replacing with a new valve. This is a
constant subject in RV groups which find that t/p valves may
not seat correctly under pressure. You may get away with
sometimes, but you won't get away with it all the time.

If the TO&UP valve won't seat under pressure, it is not functioning properly
and might not work if needed. I have always found the dribbling valve after
a test problem to be cured by letting a little water flow out the valve open
fully before letting it spring back to do the trick.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.