Gunner

On 31 Dec 2004 17:40:33 -0800, wrote:

I have 2 bolts on the over arms of my Clausing 8540 Horizontal Mill. I
thought at first they were Torx T-60's but I bought one and it is too
small. It looks just like a Torx head but has about twice the amount of
teeth for the bit to go into. Anyone have any idea what type of bolt
head this is? I called Clausing and they said they did not know? I
checked the manual and no luck either. It identifies them as 1/2"-13
nuts??? Apparently Torx only goes up to a T60 so it has to be something
else. Thanks, Steve

The two bolts that clamp the overarms?

They are capscrews on my 8540. Allen wrench works just fine.
If need be, Ill go out and pull one and check the thread.

Gunner

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling
which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight,
nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being
free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
- John Stewart Mill