Richard Faulkner

Default House buying process

In message , Freda
writes
Richard Savage said
Namely the private punter
ringing up every minute asking what's happening? have you done this that
or the other? when they have been told what she is waiting for, from
whom, the timescale and that they the will be informed when she has some
information. Private clients seem not to understand that the more
unnecessary time she spends on the phone to them when she has no updates
means less time chasing for the updates.

While that may well be true from her perspective - what about the
solicitor who is just waiting and waiting and waiting for some paperwork
but doesn't bother to make a simple phone call to chase it until
harassed by the client?

I have found this to be the case on several occasions - so it cuts both
ways.

I find the same thing on many occasions. A sellers solicitor is waiting
for something from a buyers solicitor, the buyers solicitor thinks they
are waiting for something from the sellers solicitor, or vice versa - or
one believes they have already answered a query as much as they need to,
and the other doesnt.

Often when we query it, they tend to respond by writing a letter.

I cant understand why they dont pick the phone up to each other.

Then we estate agents get the blame for any delays!!! g

--
Richard Faulkner
Faulkner & Faulkner