James Lerch

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 17:06:20 -0800, Winston
wrote:

James Lerch wrote:
Well, today I decided, come hell or high water, I WOULD bend that
silly 0.06" x 2" wide x 48" long aluminum.

Can you anneal the workpiece back to T Zero, then bend?

--Winston

I ran the OA torch (after fixing the hoses!) back and forth over the
piece, expecting to take the anneal out of it. Didn't seem to make a
difference.... Is there some trick I don't know? (I heated the Al
in stage from just warm to it looked like it was nearly ready to
melt) Still can't bend this stuff... Wish I knew what alloy it was!

Take Care,
James Lerch
http://lerch.no-ip.com/atm (My telescope construction, Testing, and Coating site)

Press on: nothing in the world can take the place of perseverance.
Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
Calvin Coolidge